Posted on June 21, 2016
Karen Organization of San Diego (KOSD) is currently hiring a full-time Development Manager. For details, please contact KOSD’s Executive Director, Nao Kabashima, at email@example.com.
Job Description for the Development Manager
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as the Karen Organization of San Diego continues to grow. As a new position in the organization, the Development Coordinator will have the opportunity to increase the organization’s capacity to reach its strategic objectives by diversifying and increasing funding sources for long-term sustainability.
Primary duties include:
1. Volunteer Coordination and Supervision
- Serve as the KOSD Volunteer Coordinator by recruiting, screening, and supervising volunteers to support KOSD programs. Plan and hold volunteer recognition/ appreciation events.
- Develop and lead KOSD’s internship program by developing internship roles, recruiting community interns, and supervising interns at KOSD.
2.Grants and Other Fundraisers
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization. Assist in identifying new funding opportunities to strengthen KOSD’s development.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to prepare grant applications. Follow KOSD’s fundraising strategy to ensure that grant applications are submitted on time. Develop and track all proposals in KOSD’s fundraising database.
- Seek a possibility of direct contract through the AmeriCorps Program to secure future AmeriCorps members serving the KOSD.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Secure funding from foundations, government grants, corporate donors, and individuals.
- Coordinate grant management including writing reports and working with KOSD staff to ensure that KOSD meets its grant obligations.
- Serve on the planning committee for KOSD fundraising events.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors.
3.External Outreach Efforts
- Develop and publish quarterly newsletters to share about KOSD programs.
- MaintainKOSD’s Facebook page and post regular program and event updates.
- Updated the KOSD website.
- Arrange speaking engagements and booths to share about KOSD.
- Represent KOSD at community and partner meetings.
- Work with the Executive Director to plan and coordinate special events.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.